Students Recognized at Youth Appreciation Breakfast
The South Cherokee Optimist Club sponsored it's annual Youth Appreciation Breakfast for the county's high schools Friday, Nov. 4th at Featherstone's in Towne Lake. The following students were recognized:
- Blue Bennett, Positive Attitude presented by Lori Sewell
- Katie Jo Corbin, Most Improved presented by Crissy Culver
- Deanna Leyva, Outstanding Achievement presented by Jenny Hopkins
- Joey Brewer, Outstanding Work Ethic presented by Lura Blake
- Trevor Harris, Positive Attitude presented by Kim Manus
- Kayla Lingerfelt, Most Improved & Positive Attitude presented by Judy Bulmer
- Nicholas Salomone, Most Improved presented by Marge McMullen
- Ismeal Larrauri, Positive Attitude presented by Cory Nix
- Evan Morriss, Outstanding Achievement presented by Erin Hall
- Mandy Roloff, "Makes a Difference" presented by Jeanne Rottner
The Excellence in Education Award was earned by Lori Morris with Woodstock High School and presented by Debbie Carter-Campbell.
The program and presentations were coordinated by Beth Hermes of the SCOC and Debbie Carter-Campbell with the School System.
For more information on the Optimist Club whose Creed is "Friends of Youth" that meet each Friday for breakfast at Featherstone's which was chartered in 1975, call 678-524-3832.