Cromer, Ruskell Request Recounts
Votes will be recounted at 2 p.m. Thursday at the county elections office in Canton.
Kyla Cromer, who lost the Cherokee County Board of Education contest against Kelly Marlow by 24 votes, and Channing Ruskell, who finished last in his three-way race with Commissioner Jim Hubbard and former Cherokee County Fire Chief Ray Gunnin, requested the recounts.
Gunnin received 21 more votes than Ruskell, enough to keep his campaign alive for a runoff with Hubbard.
The recounts will begin at 2 p.m. at the Cherokee County Elections and Voter Registration Office and continue "until completion," said Janet Munda, the county's elections supervisor.
Stay with all three Cherokee County Patch sites for updates on this breaking news story.
- Read Claims BOE Chairmanship
- County Commission: Poole Wins; Hubbard, Gunnin Headed for Runoff
- Watch the School Board Candidates
- Freedom PTA Leader Enters Race
- Marlow Running for School Board