Elm Street Hosts City Photo Contest
You can submit your photos to this article for Elm Street's first smart phone photo contest.
Elm Street Cultural Arts Village is hosting an opportunity for Smart Phone Photographers to showcase their work and the City of Woodstock.
Beginning Monday, participants may submit Camera Phone Photos around the theme “New Beginnings.” Submission deadline is Friday, Feb. 10 at 5 p.m.
Traditional digital camera photos are not included in this contest.
The photo contest will be open to any to all people interested, excluding Elm Street employees, volunteers/board members or their immediate family members.
Judging will take place the week of Feb. 20, and winners will be announced on Saturday, Feb. 25.
- All submitted photos must be taken using a Camera Phone. Any other photos will be disqualified. Only in-camera apps are eligible for photo editing.
- Judging will be based on quality, composition, personality and how well the photo depicts the theme, “New Beginnings.”
- All photos must be original and taken by the entrant. Please do not submit copyrighted material. Entrants retain all rights to their own photos, but by entering the contest, entrants imply consent to allow Elm Street Cultural Arts Village, and its representatives, to release and use the photos for public display and media purposes.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners. Other prizes may be awarded at the discretion of Elm Street Smart Phone Contest organizers, based on availability.
- Participants may submit their entries beginning Monday, Jan. 30, 2012. Submissions must be received no later than 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 10, 2012.
- All entries must include the photographer’s name, location of the photo, name/model of the smart phone used (and any editing applications), phone number and email address.
- A $5 entry fee per submission will benefit the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village. Make checks payable to Elm Street Cultural Arts Center.
- Elm Street Cultural Arts Village, Roomscapes Gallery, volunteers, organizers, etc., are not responsible for late, incomplete and/or otherwise ineligible entries. The decisions of the judges will be final.
- Submissions must be made both electronically and via hard copy:
- Email digital copy to email@example.com with “Smart Phone Contest” in the subject line or upload the image on Woodstock-Towne Lake Patch. Images can be uploaded to this article by selecting the “Upload Photos and Videos” tab and selecting the image from your computer or phone. Please include your name.
- The hard copies need to be submitted to Roomscapes Gallery located at 390 Chambers St., Woodstock, during Gallery hours: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Funds will be used to raise awareness for Elm Street Cultural Arts Village.