Firework Safety Tips
Be safe while you celebrate.
What could be safer than lighting things on fire in the middle of a dry summer, right? Wrong. If you do dare to set off fireworks Wednesday night, here are some tips from the Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services on how to stay safe:
- Always read and follow label directions
- Only use fireworks outdoors
- Never experiment or attempt to make your own fireworks
- Only light one firework at a time
- Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks
- Fireworks should only be used with close adult supervision
- Never give fireworks to small children
- Be sure to have water handy
- Never throw fireworks at another person
- Remember to call 911 for emergencies
The press release also included this disclaimer about the legality of different types of fireworks: The sale and use of most types of fireworks, including firecrackers, skyrockets, and cherry bombs, are still illegal in Georgia and punishable by a maximum fine of up to $1,000 and up to one year in jail.