Get a Charge Out of These Stations for Your Electric Car
Recharging stations are increasing in the Woodstock and surrounding areas.
So you bought that Nissan Leaf, but you need some charging locations away from home. While they aren't as plentiful as gas stations, you can still find them in various parts of the area.
Two websites offer easy searches for these charging stations, though one also offers Android and iPhone apps to make the search easier when you are in that electric car.
Alternative Fuels Data Center, U.S. Department of Energy
Closer to home:
- You can head to an electronic vehicle charging station directly behind Freight Kitchen & Tap at 251 East Main Street in downtown Woodstock.
- Another station is located at Walgreens at 950 Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock.
In surrounding cities:
- First, you can head over to Regal Nissan on Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell. That's about 11 miles away, so you'll probably want to reserve its use for when you are down in that area already.
- Closer to home – or maybe work for some of you – will be the Walgreen's on the southwest corner of the Old Milton Parkway-South Main Street (GA 9) intersection. It has a Level 2 recharging station.
- Only a little bit north of Alpharetta and Milton is Solar Energy USA, just west of GA 9 near McFarland Road at 7565 Industrial Ct, Alpharetta, 30004. It has one Level 2 charger.
- Siemens is in the business of energy, so it's no surprise the company has both Level 1 and Level 2 recharging stations at its 100 Technology Drive location.
- If you drive your electric car while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Georgia Lane (off North Point Parkway) in Alpharetta, you're in luck: it has a Level 2 public charger, but you'll need a keycard. That usually means you'll need to be a guest there, but check with the front desk.
- Workers at at least one Sancutary Parkway office building – 1125 Sanctuary Pkwy – have access to Level 1 and Level 2 charging stations. They are located in the lower level of the garage, near the elevators.
Don't assume all of these charging stations to be open to the public. Check before plugging in, or unplugging someone who was there before you.
Know of any electric charging stations that aren't on this short list? Add them to the comments with this story.