No One Injured in Woodstock House Fire
Both Woodstock and Cherokee County fire personnel responded to the scene.
No one was injured in a late Monday morning house fire in Woodstock.
The Woodstock Fire Department and Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services responded to a call at 11:42 a.m. of a home on fire at 322 Santa Anita Avenue in the Brookshire subdivision.
Both departments arrived on the scene and were greeted by exterior flames coming from the home. Firefighters from both agencies were able to extinguish the fire and damage was limited to only one side of the home.
Assistant Fire Chief and Fire Marshal Jimmy Eley said the fire started in a compost bin next to the house.
"The resident reported that she placed day old charcoal in the bin after checking it for heat," he said.
The fire then climbed up the side of the house into the attic, Eley added.
The homeowners and firefighters were not injured in the fire.