Optimist Club Honors Local Students
The South Cherokee Optimist Club awarded several middle school students for their positive achievements at their annual breakfast.
The South Cherokee Optimist Club held it's annual Youth Appreciation Breakfast for Cherokee's middle school students Friday at Featherstone's in Towne Lake.
The following awards were given to outstanding middle school students:
- Positive Attitude: Roy Moss of Creekland (presented by Angela Yeager & Dian Shaw)
- Positive Attitude: Ally Veal of Freedom (presented by Angela Ingham)
- Positive Attitude: Matthew Taylor of Teasley (presented by Sharon Barker)
- Outstanding Achievement: Gabby Allen of E.T. Booth (presented by Donna Dochney)
- Most Improved & Outstanding Achievement: Austin Burgess of Mill Creek (presented by Danielle Shakespeare)
- Outstanding Achievement: Gabriel Ervin of Woodstock (presented by Amber Davis)
The Master of Ceremonies was Beth Hermes with the able assistance of Debby Carter-Campbell.
Also, Danielle Shakespeare with Mill Creek Middle School was presented the Excellence in Education Award by Assistant Principal Rouel Belleza for her contributions to the Special Education Program.
This Optimist Club meets each Friday morning for breakfast at Featherstone's. For more information call 678-524-3832.