Road Closures Announced for Next Week
Here is the information you need to know Tuesday, Sept. 13.
1. Today is going to be sunny with a high of 87 degrees and a low of 58, according to the National Weather Service.
2. A Cherokee County deputy spoke about his time serving as the confidential aide to NYPD Commissioner Bernie Kerik during the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks at the Patriot Day Remembrance Monday morning in Downtown Canton.
3. The Cherokee County Sheriff's Department made some traffic announcements for next week. Bells Ferry Road will be closed to through traffic for road repairs at the Little River Bridge on Wednesday, Sept. 21 and Thursday, Sept. 22. Traffic will not be able to cross the bridge and will need to use Towne Lake Parkway to I-575 to Sixes Road as a detour.
Also, the Cherokee County Roads and Bridges Department announced that Land Road at the Clayton Fire Station will be closed to through traffic for reconstruction. Closure will be Monday, Sept. 19 at 8 a.m. through Friday, Sept. 23 at 5 p.m. There will be a posted detour.
4. The Cherokee Squares Square Dance Club is holding square dance lessons for $6 on Tuesdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Iglesia Church. Both couples and singles are welcome.
5. Chapman Intermediate School will be conducting informational meetings once a quarter for the parents of the ESOL students and Hispanic families the school serves. The first meeting is this Thursday from 7 to 8 p.m. at the school. The theme is “Family Portal and Technology Resources.” Volunteers and teen day-care providers will be available so families can bring their children, and the school also will provide interpreters and personnel to teach the parents.