Shop Downtown for Father's Day
Here is a list of last-minute gift ideas that can be found in Downtown Woodstock for Father's Day.
With Father’s Day just a few days away, Downtown Woodstock is the perfect place to find those last-minute gifts.
The variety of stores has much to offer shoppers in gifts ranging from rare and expensive to simple and wallet-friendly for those on budgets.
“We are very lucky to have a downtown with a very diverse line-up of stores and restaurants available,” said Kyle Bennett, Assistant Director of Tourism and Visitor Center Operations.
Here’s a Top 10 list of what you can find for Dad this week in Downtown Woodstock:
- Coffee: Start the day off at the new Copper Coin Coffee House that offers a sleek and modern environment for Dad to sip coffee and use WiFi. You can also top in and buy Dad some of Copper Coin’s specialty coffee, Counter Culture Coffee, $12.99 per 12-ounce bag.
- Art: Celebrate Dad with a piece of art that reflects his personality. LKT Sports Art offers team-related framed pictures and accessories, including team cook-out kits and other unique works of art Dad will love. Team NFL and MLB House Flags are just $29.95.
- Jewelry and Antiques: Looking for a new watch for Dad? Holly Springs Jewelers may have just the right time piece. Watches start at $100. If Dad likes antiques, Samson & Delilah’s or the Pennybag Emporium is your shopping destination with offering unique gifts.
- Health Conscious Gifts: Outspokin’ Bikes can get Dad ready to get fit mountain biking, offering nutrition products, sports attire and a special riding events calendar. Owner Kevin Poske recommends the Blanket’s Creek trail for families to enjoy together as they have a beginning, intermediate and advanced trail. “It’s the second most ridden trail in the country,” Poske said. Bikes start at $400.
- Spa: Dad may also appreciate being spoiled for an afternoon at the Salon and Spa Venessa. Specials are available online and the spa.
- Collectibles: If Dad likes collecting, The Wright Stuff offers a great variety of items, including vinyl records, political buttons and autographed television memorabilia. Blue Frog Imports will please the creative side of Dad with lively and one of a kind items made by owner Deidra Youmans or rare collectibles imported from Mexico.
- Books: If Dad is a reader, he may be intrigued by the eclectic collection at the FoxTale Book Shoppe where autographed copies of books are often available from previous author visits. FoxTale recommends The Last Mission of the Wham Bam Boys by Gregory Freeman, Starving the South by Andrew F. Smith and The Red Market by Scott Carney.
- Cigars: Let Dad indulge and relax at Maxwell’s Cigar Bar which features fine cigars and accessories, beer, wine and a place to enjoy them all. Ben Burkin, who co-owns the shop with his father Harvey Burkin, recommends the “My Father” cigar, ranging in price from $11.69 to $13.59 depending on size with boxes available as well. Burkin said Maxwell’s is running a Father’s Day special with 10 percent off of the total purchase now through Sunday.
- Tools and Hardware: Does Dad like to tinker with tools, lawn equipment and the like? Morgan’s Ace Hardware store has just what Dad needs including grills, lawn mowers, hats, tools, boots, clothing, trinkets and more.
- Restaurants and Bars: Right Wing Tavern, Canyons Burgers, Pure Taqueria, Vingenzo'sand Hot Dog Heaven offer gift certificates to treat Dad to his favorite meal.
Save time, gas and money and just head to Downtown Woodstock to find exactly the right gift for Dad. Or, if you can’t decide after a fun day of shopping, visit Dean’s Store in the Woodstock Welcome Center on Main Street and just buy Dad a few Downtown Dollars to spend where he pleases.
Downtown Dollars never expire and Main Street Woodstock offers a list of more than 20 vendors are currently participating. It’s a list that continues to expand as Downtown Woodstock continues to grow.
Have a Happy Father’s Day, Dads.