Tribune Hosts Candidates Forum
Here is the information you need to know Wednesday, Oct. 19.
1. Hope you have those winter coats ready because there is a major temperature drop today; the high is 55 degrees with a low of 44, according to the National Weather Service. There will be some morning showers with strong winds up to 25 mph. The rest of the day will be mostly cloudy.
2. If you missed Tuesday's Cherokee County Board of Commissioners meeting, check the minute-by-minute coverage here. Conversation got heated between the commissioners and residents about the proposed Holly Springs aquatics center.
3. The Cherokee Tribune is hosting a candidates forum from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Cherokee Arts Center. City Council candidates from Woodstock, Canton, Holly Springs and Nelson will have two minutes to introduce themselves and one minute to answer questions.
4. Officer of the Year was awarded to each county public safety agency Monday night at the annual Public Safety Appreciation Dinner hosted by the Canton Moose Lodge. Check here to congratulate the Cherokee County Sheriff Office employees who were honored this year.
5. Thank you to everyone that joined us at ChirpWdstck last night. We had a blast, as always! And thank you, Hurricane Bay, for sponsoring the free food and awesome giveaways for the event. The staff at Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill is always a pleasure, and we love the venue. I'm looking forward to the next one. - Lindsey Davidson, editor