What's Going On Around Woodstock This Weekend?
Don't have any plans this weekend? Check out these events listed below!
You won't have to travel far to find something to do this weekend. Here's a list of events happening in and around your community:
- Oak Grove Elementary will host a Fine Arts Academy 5K Run for the Arts at 7 a.m. today at Etowah High School.
- The Woodstock Farmer's Market will be held this morning from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the parking lot behind the Chambers at City Center at 8534 Main Street.
- Rivers Alive will hold its Little River Clean-Up today at 9 a.m. at Olde Rope Mill Park. Volunteers are encouraged to bring old shoes, clothes and heavy work gloves.
- Drug Take-Back Day sponsored by by the Cherokee Multi-Agency Narcotics Squad will also be held in conjunction with the Little River clean up. Residents are encouraged to drop off expired prescription drugs for safe disposal at Olde Rope Mill Park between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Carmel Elementary School will hold its annual fall festival today from 1-5 p.m. The festival is free to attend, and will include various vendors, but there is a cost to purchase food and to play games/activities.
- Main Street Sessions will hold a program today at 1 p.m. at Woodstock Visitor's Center at Dean's Store. Analisa Guay of Woodstock Art & Glass will will demonstrate how to make glass beads with a torch, how to pull glass canes and make different designs in glass beads using Murano Glass. The event is free.
- Elm Street Arts will present its annual Ghost Tales and Trails event, which uses story tellers to tell scary stories based on the history of Woodstock. Tickets are $11 for adults and $6 for children age 12 and under if purchased in advance online or $13 for adults and $8 children at the door.
- Main Street Woodstock will kick off the first of three movie screenings tonight at 7 p.m. with the showing Ice Age 4: Continental Drift at the Park at City Center in downtown Woodstock. Residents are encouraged to bring a blanket.
- The Cherokee County History Museum and Visitors Center in Canton will continue to feature its Liquid Gold: Moonshine in Cherokee County exhibit. The museum, located at the Cherokee County Historic Courthouse at 100 North Street, will be open today from 10 a.m to 3 p.m.
- The Taste of Roswell will be held on the Roswell Square starting today at noon.
- The Atlanta Opera will perform at 3 p.m Sunday at Elm Street Arts in Woodstock. Stone Soup is a one-act opera based on a classic children's tale about a community that comes together to feed a lost and lonely soldier. All seats are $7 and the performance will be held at the Chambers at City Center at 8534 Main Street. Call (404) 881-8885 to order tickets.
Visit the Woodstock-Towne Lake events section to find more events happening this weekend.