1. Pull out the rain boots and umbrellas, it's going to be a wet one today. There is nothing but showers and thunderstorms for the day, and some could get severe with wind speeds up to 15 mph. Expect to receive about an half inch of rain. But temperatures won't be so bad with a high of 75 degrees and a low of 48, according to the National Weather Service.
2. After much public debate, the approved a construction contract Tuesday night for a new aquatic center. The board awarded a $15 million deal with South Construction Company, Inc., the lowest bidder for the work. The commissioners earlier this year. The project, located at Gresham Mill Parkway at Sixes Road in Holly Springs, was approved and funded as a part of Cherokee County’s Parks, Recreation and Green Space Bond that passed in November 2008. Read through the .
3. Just hours before an of $500 and a soda, believe he may have committed a similar crime at the McKinney Marathon gas station in Blue Ridge. "After we sent the info and photos out to the media," Canton Police Det. Candy Worthy said, "Blue Ridge Police contacted us and informed us that they also had a similar crime occur in their jurisdiction." has more details for you on the developing story.
4. graduate Nevin Hillegass needs his high school academic records so he can transfer to . But Hillegass can't reach officials at the defunct private school, according to a report from WSB-TV's Tony Thomas. American Heritage closed last school year after . Hillegass isn't the only one having a difficult time contacting American Heritage Academy officials. .
5. Cherokee Charter Academy housed nearly teaching students about 65 different character traits and explained how these characteristics will help them attain success in their careers. Students heard from a variety of careers ranging from state representatives, military officers and radio personalities.