1. September is here! Today will be sunny with a high of 91 degrees and a low of 68, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Qualifying ended with . Incumbent Tessa Basford, Elizabeth "Liz" Baxton, Incumbent Chris Casdia and Incumbent Tracy Collins qualified for the November elections. Read more about the candidates .
3. obtained its temporary liquor license Wednesday and celebrated a welcome from the City with a ribbon cutting. and the inspiration for downtown's newest restaurant.
4. The begins today at noon. Every Thursday in September, bring a bagged lunch to the Park at City Center or grab a lunch to-go from one of the downtown restaurants and enjoy your meal by the fountain with live music.
5. The and still have reservations available for free breakfast entrees of your choice. Reservations are from Sept. 6-10. Entrees include the chicken biscuit, spicy chicken biscuit, sausage biscuit, chick-n-minis, chicken egg & cheese bagel, bacon egg & cheese biscuit, chicken breakfast burrito, sausage breakfast burrito and the new multigrain oatmeal.