One thing that can adversely affect your Valentine’s Day —
especially smooching — is bad breath.
Great Expressions Dental Centers (GEDC), which has 60 centers in Georgia, says you can avoid turning a kiss into something that’s, well, unforgetable for the wrong reason.
Here are five things you have to do today to ensure a romantic and confident encounter:
1. Brushing teeth with a fluoride based toothpaste is critical in removing the bacteria that causes bad breath, gingivitis and cavities. Fluoride is used to strengthen the enamel of the teeth protecting them from the harmful effects of cavity causing bacteria.
2. Floss. Flossing in the morning will remove bacteria that like to feed on food particles throughout the day and prevent bad breath.
3. Drink lots of water, as dry mouth is one reason for bad breath and water flushes out left behind food debris when brushing isn’t an option.
4. Do a self-assessment to check for left behind food in your teeth or for bad breath before going in for that smooch.
5. Take an anti-bad breath kit on your date, complete with a tooth brush, floss, mini mouthwash and a compact mirror to check for food in your teeth.