1. There is a slight chance of rain throughout the day with a high of 95 degrees. The heat index values as high as 103, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Cherokee County authorities say they have found of a convicted felon. Lt. Jay Baker said Governor’s Task Force for Drug Suppression helicopter pilots noticed several growing marijuana plants behind Gaddis' residence on Sperin Road. Rodney Thrash has the story for you.
3. The stumbled upon some gold while he was trumping around in Woodstock. He's starting to find out how precious things are on the other side of the bridge. Read the and wait till Friday to hear the rest.
4. Speaking of creative, local writers, we are still seeking more of you. We want to be a platform for your voice. If you have an opinion to share about local issues including sports, schools, faith, history, culture, arts, really just the life in this part of the world of 30188 and 30189, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Looking for something for the kids to do today? There are two puppet shows at the libraries, one at 11 a.m. at and the second at 3:30 p.m. at . The shows are free and pirate themed.