1. There is a 30 percent chance of rain today with a high of 77 degrees and a low of 60, according to the National Weather Service. Gusts of wind could be as high as 15 mph.
2. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported a 27-year-old man drowned in Lake Allatoona Sunday. Christopher Callahan of Woodstock, was found near Jon Jon Tarvin Memorial Bridge on Kellogg Creek Road.
3. The 3,000 flags in Downtown Canton went missing late last week, and it surfaced Cherokee County Solicitor General David L. Cannon Jr. ordered the removal of them before the Friday ceremony. for the confusion and removal of the 9/11 flags.
4. fifth-grader Baylen Levine raised more than $1,000 for the PTA through the Boosterthon Fun Run Sept. 8 at the school. Students gathered pledges for approxiamatley $24,000 in donations, and the funds now are being collected. The funds will be used to support the school media center and PTA programs.
5. Just a reminder the Cherokee County Roads and Bridges Department announced that Land Road at the Clayton Fire Station will be closed to through traffic for reconstruction. Closure will begin today at 8 a.m. and go through Friday, Sept. 23 at 5 p.m. There will be a posted detour.