You won't have to travel far to find something to do this weekend. Here's a list of events happening in and around your community:
- Main Street Woodstock will start up its Farmer's Market between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. in the parking lot behind the Chambers at City Center. Vendors decided to keep the market going for at least another two months, so local residents will more chances to purchase fresh, locally grown produce. The chambers is located at 8534 Main Street.
- 4th annual Woodstock Art and Wine Festival starts today and runs thorugh Sunday the Park at City Center from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event will include a juried fine arts show, wine tastings, live entertainment, an interactive children's activity area and food.
- Kevin P. Mahurin Motorcycle Awareness Foundation's 4th annual memorial ride kicks off at at 11 a.m. Saturday at K-otic Kustoms at 6406 Bells Ferry Road.
- Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking with Nathalie Dupree and Cynthia Graubart will start at noon Saturday at FoxTale Book Shoppe in downtown Woodstock.
- Yawn's Books & More in downtown Canton will host author Phoenix A.J. Scudiere and local firefighters which will coincide with the author's discussion of his novel about fire fighting. The event begins at 2 p.m. on Sunday.