The administrative offices for the cities of Canton, Woodstock, Holly Springs and the Cherokee County government will be closed on Wednesday.
The Cherokee County School District has cancelled classes for Wednesday, as have Chattahoochee Technical College, Cherokee Charter Academy and Reinhardt University.
The Cherokee County Justice Center and the Cherokee County Health Department will be closed on Wednesday.
Many Cherokee County school, government offices and health departments are closing up shop due to the winter weather moving in to Cherokee County. As of noon Tuesday, where's what's closed:
- The Cherokee County School District will dismiss classes and close its offices two hours early today. Cherokee Charter Academy will close at 1 p.m. Tuesday, and parents will be allowed to pick up their children starting at noon.
- All Reinhardt University campuses will close today at noon and university-related events have been cancelled. Chattahoochee Technical College will also close its campuses at noon today.
- Cherokee Area Transportation System buses are moving forward their transportation runs for the Cherokee Day Training Center and the Cherokee County Senior Center until 12:30 p.m.
- The Cherokee County government and cities of Canton, Holly Springs, Woodstock, Ball Ground and Waleska government offices closed today at noon. Cherokee County offices will reopen at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- The Georgia Department of Labor has closed its Cobb-Cherokee Career Center due to inclement weather.
- The Cherokee County Health Department will close at noon today and will reopen at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- Unless other wise noted in individual courts, the Cherokee County Justice Center will also close at noon today.