- The city of Woodstock on Saturday will hold its Christmas Jubilee celebration. The parade will kick off at 5:30 p.m. and the celebration will continue at the Park at City Center with awards for parade floats, recognition of the Ingram Citizen of the Year, food games and more.
- Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency on Saturday will hold its 3rd annual Canes & Cocoa at JJ Biello Park. Children will be able to hunt for candy canes and afterwards, families will be able to relax with hot cocoa, holiday snacks and children will be able to partake in so-called "sleigh" ride on a tractor.
- The Service League of Cherokee County's 11th annual Run for the Children 5K and Fun Run will kick off at 8:30 a.m. in downtown Canton.
- River Ridge High School will host its first ever Light up the Knight holiday light display. Residents will be able to stop by the school at 400 Arnold Mill Road in Woodstock between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. to see the displays organized by student groups and teams.
- The North Georgia Art Ramble will be held Saturday and Sunday in several north Georgia cities, including Woodstock. The self guided tours will take place Dec. 7-8 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The March of the Toys Parade, which will be held in honor of Toys of Tots, will start at 6:30 p.m. Friday Dec. 6 in downtown Ball Ground. Those who want to attend the parade are asked to bring new, unwrapped toys to be donated to the Toys for Tots program. The program provides presents to less fortunate children.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something