The Woodstock Fire Department was volunteer-based until the 1970s where it was located in the train depot in historic downtown. In 1987, the first paid fire chief, David Ray, came on board. In 2001, the department moved to its current location on Arnold Mill Road. The second station opened in 2004 and a third station is in the works.
The Fire Department offers community outreach programs for children and adults that include station tours, CPR classes, fire prevention classes and a Disaster Assistance Program.
The Fire and Burn ordinances can be found here.
- Fax: 770-926-0138
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
- Founding Date: 1947
- Parking: Free lot
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional, Volunteer