1. There is a slight chance of rain throughout the day with a high of 81 degrees and a low of 59, according to the National Weather Service.
2. The U.S. Small Business Administration will open a Disaster Loan Outreach Center at the for the at 8 a.m. The center will be open through Thursday, Sept. 22. Home Disaster Loans, Business Physical Disaster Loans and Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available for affected homeowners, renters and businesses from Cherokee, Bartow, Cobb, Dawson, Forsyth, Fulton, Gordon and Pickens counties who qualify.
The center will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Sept. 22 with the exceptions of Saturday, where it will close at noon, and Sunday it will be closed for the day. You can review and download the application online. The attached PDF offers more details.
3. The first Elm Street Cultural Arts volunteer training will be tonight at 6. This meeting is being held to give volunteers an opportunity to meet each other, get to know about present and future volunteer opportunities, and learn more about the future of the . Questions about the meeting or RSVPs can be sent to Ginny Lennox at email@example.com.
4. The is hosting Dog Day in the Park this Saturday. Residents will get to bring their pups to the and meet the K9 unit's newest team members. will have more details for you at 8 a.m.
5. The will be welcoming the first LEED Gold Certified office building with a ribbon cutting this afternoon. Woodstock Ear, Nose & Throat is offering a tour to the public as part of the ceremony at 4 p.m. The building is located at 281 Heritage Walk, just off Highway 92.