Doors open at 7 a.m. Tuesday for Election Day, but the voting has already begun.
The had , out of the 14,880 registered Woodstock voters.
Another 420 of Woodstock’s voters traveled to Canton to the for early voting along with 844 of Canton voters to cast their ballots for their respective municipalities, said Supervisor Janet Munda.
The county had a total of 2,940 votes cast early for the county ballot.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Woodstock voters will vote on three city council positions and a . County voters will also be voting on a Sunday alcohol sales and a .
The Sunday alcohol sales and Ed-SPLSOT renewal are Special Elections on the ballot. If voters pass the , retailers will be authorized to sell malt beverages, wine and distilled spirits between 12:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. It is on the city and county ballots.
If voters are in favor of the Ed-SPLOST, the education penny sales tax will be renewed giving a collective $155 million dollars to various scholastic projects in the county. It was last approved in 2006 and will expire next year. This is a county issue.
All registered voters are eligible to vote on the county ballot, and voters living within the city limits of their municipalities are eligible to vote on their city ballot.
City of Woodstock voters will vote at the Woodstock Public Library. But, voters could have to vote in two locations on city and county issues. Voters whose county precinct is Booth, Carmel, Cherokee South, Deer Run, Dixie, Lickskillet, Little River, Toonigh, Woodlands or Woodstock will vote on county issues at their respective precincts.
County residents living outside of the city limits will vote at their regular precincts. Check here to locate you city or county polling location.
- Booth: , 6550 Putnam Ford Drive
- Carmel: , 2275 Bascomb-Carmel Road
- Cherokee South: Cherokee South Annex Recreation Center Parks and Recreation, 7545 Main St.
- Deer Run: , 132 N. Medical Pkwy.
- Dixie: , 2010 Towne Lake Hills South Drive
- Lickskillet: , 345 Arnold Mill Road
- Little River: , 3170 Trickum Road
- Toonigh: , 2031 E. Cherokee Drive
- Woodlands: The Woodlands Clubhouse, 800 Woodlands Pkwy.
- Woodstock: , 7735 Main St.
If you don't know your precinct, use this Poll Locator to find it.
What you need:
You must have photo identification when voting in person. Here are the six forms of IDs that are acceptable when voting:
- A Georgia driver's license, even if expired
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a FREE Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar's office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
There is information here on how to get a free voter identification card if you do not have any of these.