This weekend should have plenty in store of activities and events for everyone to enjoy!
- First Friday will start in downtown Canton tonight at 6 p.m. The event will include a block party, street dance, car show, live music, vendors and food! The Canton Main Street Program is also collecting toys to donate to MUST Ministries. Call (770) 704-1500 for more information.
- Woodstock will hold its Friday Nite Live event tonight starting at 6 p.m. Themed "Christmas on Main," the event will include a group from Hillside United Methodist Church singing Christmas songs, City on a Hill United Methodist Church's presentation of The Journey To Bethlehem, free Christmas cookies and brownies and other specials by downtown merchants. Call (770) 924-0406 for more information.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will visit downtown Ball Ground tonight with a parade starting at 6:30 p.m. The parade will start at the old Ball Ground Elementary School. After the parade, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be available for free photos at the gazebo in the heart of downtown Ball Ground. Don't forget to bring your camera! Call (770) 735-2123 for more information.
- The Cherokee County Animal Shelter will hold its 2012 annual Holiday Open House at 10 a.m. Saturday. Photos with Santa will be offered with a $5 donation and author Margie Carroll will sign copies of her book, "ZZ's Daydream." Santa's Shop will be opened for residents to purchase animal-related books as well as holiday gifts.
- The North Georgia Art Ramble, which will take place between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, will feature 36 artists, 20 studios and 11 art galleries throughout the region. The self-guided tour will include stops in Woodstock and Canton.
- The 5th annual Chanukah Celebration and Grand Menorah Lighting will kick off at 5:30 p.m. Sunday at the Park at City Center in downtown Woodstock. Rabbi Zalman Charytan will lead in prayer, song and will help deliver the message of Chanukah.