The Woodstock iThink Improv Troupe will present "All in the Timing," five one-act comedies by David Ives, which focus on "language and wordplay, reflections on life, and the humor and difficulties involved in romantic relationships."
The comedies and their descriptions are:
- Sure Thing: A man and a woman meet for the first time in a cafe, where they have an awkward meeting continually reset each time they say the wrong thing.
- Words, Words, Words: Three chimpanzees, named after famous authors are expected to write Hamlet.
- The Universal Language: A man welcomes a shy woman into his fraudulent language-learning course, in which he only speaks his invented language, Unamunda.
- The Philadelphia: At a restaurant, a man has a frustratingly unlucky day, called a "Philadelphia," in which he doesn't get anything he asks for unless he asks the opposite.
- Variations on the Death of Trotsky: In comic fashion, revolutionary Leon Trotsky dies over and over again from a mountain-climber's axe-wound received many hours prior. Not suitable for children under age 13.
For more information, call (678) 494-4251.