Applications are being accepted for the agency's next hiring process. Applications can be downloaded online on the department's website.
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. Friday Sept. 13. In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Have or be able to obtain a valid State of Georgia driver's license.
- Have a demonstrated safe driving history.
- Be certifiable by the Georgia Police Officer Standards and Training Council.
- No felony convictions or disqualifying misdemeanors, including DUI offenses.
- No active or pending POST investigations.
- Closed POST investigations must be exonerated.
- Have an acceptable internal affairs history.